1. How do you determine the diameter of a wire using a screw gauge ?
2. What is the principle of a screw gauge ?
3. Define the least count of a screw gauge.
4. Draw a neat sketch of Screw gauge and label the parts.
5. What are positive and Negative Zero error of a screw gauge ? How are they determined ?
6. What is the instrument you use in the laboratory find out the thickness of a glass plate ? Draw a neat diagram and lable the parts ?
1. Define the weight of a body.
2. What is acceleration due to gravity ?
3. What is Heliocentric theory ?
4. Differentiate between mass and weight of a body.
5. State Hooke's law.
6. State the Newton's law of Universal gravitation. Calculate the gravitational force on an object of mass 10 kg.
7. The weight of a body is not me same on the surface’ of "the earth at all places. Specify the reason. .
8. Derive the relation between acceleration due to gravity and universal gravitational constant.
9. Why is the weight of a body not same at poles and at equator ?
10. Why does the Value of “ g ” decreases when we go deep into the earthy ?
1. Find the. velocity of a freely falling body from a height of 20 m when it touches the ground, (g = 1Om/s2)
2. A body is projected vertically upwards with an initial velocity of 10 m/s. Find the maximum height reached
by the body, [g = 10 m/s2]
3. A body is projected vertically upwards with an initial velocity of 40 m/s. Find the maximum height reached
by the body. [ g = 10 m/s2]
4. A body is projected vertically upwards with a velocity of 20 m/s. Find the maximum height reached by the
body, [g - 10 m/s2]
5. A ball is thrown up and attains a height of 80 m. Find its initial speed.
6. What is meant by “ Time of flight ”
1. Explain the working of a laundry drier.
2. Distinguish between a rotatory motion and a circular - motion.
3. State the characteristics of Simple Harmonic motion.
4. What is Centrifuge ? How does it work ?
5. What is the necessity for banking of roads ?
6. Distinguish between Centripetal and Centrifugal Force.
7. Derive the formula of the banking angle,
8. What is the principle of launching a satellite into an orbit ?
9. Give examples for oscillatory motion observed In your day to day life.
10. Distinguish between inertial and non inertial frame of references ?
11. Describe an experiment to determine the acceleration due to gravity by a simple pendulum.
12. What is the necessity for banking roads ?
13. What is the angular velocity of the earth about its own axis ?
1. Draw and label the diagram showing various regions of electromagnetic spectrum and their wavelength
2. What is Radiography ?
3. What are the uses of hard X - rays ? .
4. Draw the diagram of electromagnetic wave.
5. What is the reason of depletion of Ozone layer in atmosphere ?
1. What is a Damped Vibration ?
What is a resonating air column ?
3. Describe the experiment to find the velocity of air by resonating air columns.
4. In a resonating air column experiment with a closed - end tube, first resonance occurs when the length of the
air column is 10 cm. Find out the length of the air column for the occurrence of the second resonance.
5. Distance between a node and the next antinodes in a stationary wave Is 10 cm. Find the wavelength.
6. Distinguish between a progressive and stationary waves.
7. Define Resonance.
8. Mention few incidents of resonance phenomenon observed in your day to day life.
9. Describe a method to determine the velocity of sound in air.
10. Distinguish between Node and Antinodes.
11. Draw a figure showing the formation of a stationary wave
12. Define the terms Node and Antinode .
1. What are the main parts of an actual Laser ?
2. What are the important applications of laser light in Science and Technology ?
3 Give a comparison between Newton's Corpuscular theory and wave theory.
4. Describe a Ripple Tank. How does it help in understanding reflection and refraction of light?
5. Explain the phenomenon of reflection applying wave theory of light.
6. What are the basic process involved in the working of a laser ?
7. . Describe the diffraction of light waves at an aperture with a neat diagram.
8. How do you distinguish LASER light from an ordinary light in terms of property of coherence ?
9. Write the applications of LASER in medicine ?
10. What are the important applications of LASER light in Medicine , industry and space science ?
1. What are the values of magnetic induction at a distance 'd' on the axial line and on the equatorial line of
a Bar magnet ?
2. State and explain inverse square law of magnetism.
3. Compare the values of relative permeability and magnetic susceptibility of dia, para and ferro magnetic
4. Draw a neat diagram of magnetic lines of force, when N-pole of a bar magnet facing geographical north.
Locate the null points.
5. Draw a neat diagram of magnetic lines of force, when S - pole of a bar magnet faces geographical north.
Locate the null points.
6. What are the essential ideas of the Ewing's molecular theory of magnetism and the reasons for its failure ?
7. Define the terms : a) Magnetic susceptibility b) Magnetic permeability.
Compare the values of Relative permeability and Magnetic susceptibility of Dla, Para and Ferro
8. What is meant by Magnetic moment ?
9. Distinguish between Dia magnetic and Para magnetic substances.
10. Calculate the magnetic moment of a short bar magnet of length 5 cm and pole strength 2x10-3 A-m.
11. Explain the dia , para and Ferro magnetic substances .Give two examples of each type ?
12. What is the value of magnetic induction at a distance d on the 1) axial line 2) Equatorial line of a bar magnet ?
13. Why a ferromagnetic substances like iron rot is not a magnet by itself ? Explain on the basic of domain theory ?
CURRENT AND ELECTRICITY
1 . State the laws of Resistance.
2. An electric installation consists of 100 lamps each drawing 0.2 amp at 220V supply. Find the cost of working
of installation for a month of 30 days at 5 hours per day, if the energy used is charged at the rate of
Rs. 2 per unit.
3. Show that effective resistance of a series of combination In a circuit Is equal to the sum of the individual
resistances, (or) Derive R = R, + Rz + R,.
4. State and explain Lenz's law.
5. Describe an experiment to verify Faraday's second law of electrolysis.
Mention any two applications of electrolysis.
Calculate the equivalent resistance of two resistors 100 £2 and 1£1 connected in parallel.
7. Define Joule's law and derive Q - ~ j
8. On what principle does a transformer works ?
9. Derive an expression for equivalent resistance of parallel combination of three resistances R,, R2 and R3.
10. State A) Joule's law 8) Fleming's right hand rule.
11. What are the ohmic and non ohmic conductors ?
12. Give examples of the potential difference across a bulb is
240 V when a current of 3A flows through it. Find the resistance of the bulb.
12. What is the total e.m.f. when three cells of voltages 1 V, 1.5 V and 2 V are connected In series?
13 State Ohm's law. Describe an experiment to verify Ohm's law.
14. Distinguish between Galvanometer and Ammeter
15. A house is fitted with 10 lamps of each 60 watt. If each lamp burns 5 hours a day, find the cost of
consumption in a month of 30 days at the rate of Rs. 2.40 per unit.
16. What is transformer ? On what principal does it work ?
17. Draw an electric circuit and lable the parts ?
18. Explain the process of electrotyping ?
1. Mention the isotopes of Ne,
2. What is Moderator ? Give an example.
3. Compare the properties of alpha and Beta radiations.
4. Define the term’ Mass Defect'.
5. What are isobars ? Give an example.
6. Sketch the diagram of a Nuclear Reactor showing various parts.
7. What are Isotopes ? Give an example. '
8. The mass defect, when helium nucleus is formed is 0.0303 amu. Calculate the binding energy.
9. Mention the applications of Radio Isotopes in Industry.
10. What is Binding energy ?
11. What is the principle of a nuclear reactor ? How is the chain reaction controlled in a
nuclear reactor ? How does it work
12. Sketch the neat diagram of a Nuclear reactor and label the parts.
13. What are Isobars and Isotones ? Explain with examples. .
14. What is the role of a moderator in a Nuclear reactor ?
J.5: Describe the Rutherford gold foil experiment with a diagram. Mention its important features.
16. What is the Mass defect and Binding energy of 8O16 when its nuclear mass Is 15.995 a.m.u.?
17. What is artificial transmutation ? Give an example.
18. State the law of Radioactive disintegration.
19. Write the Planck’s equation.' What is the value of Planck’s constant ?
20. Distinguish between Natural and Artificial radioactivity
21. What is meant by Stationary orbit ?
22. What is nuclear fusion ? Give one example with equation ?
23. Explain with a neat diagram , the emission of radiations from a radioactive substances ?
1. Explain the formation of 'p-type and n-type semiconductors. .
2. What Is the effect of temperature on the energy gap of a semiconductor ?
3. What is a transistor ? Describe two types of transistors with the help of a diagram.
4. Explain the different stages of TV Communication with a block diagram.
5. What is Doping?
6. Define a Byte.
7. State the property and uses of junction transistor.
8. Distinguish between a machine language and a high level language.
9. Draw the block diagram of a computer. Describe briefly the functions of each of the components.
10. How important is a computer in modern day life ?
11. Draw the symbol of p-n-p and n-p-n transistor.
12. How do you classify the solids electrically ?
13. Explain in briefly various stages of Radio -communications with diagram.
14. Draw neat diagrams of p-n junction diode in A) Forward bias condition B) Reverse bias condition.
15. What are Hardware and Software of a Computer ?
16. State the properties and uses of a Junction Diode.
17. Define the terms 1) Electron current 2) Hole current
18. Draw the sketch of the formation of P- N junction diode with depletion region ?